Little Shelford jobs
Little Shelford Parish Council Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Little Shelford Parish Council is looking for a new Parish Clerk.
Little Shelford Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to undertake the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) from 1st November 2022.
The Clerk, as the proper officer of the Council, has overall responsibility for the administration of the business and finances of the Council. The role is home based, apart from meetings, which are held in a village meeting room.
Little Shelford Parish Council has 633 electors, 9 parish councillors and the precept for 2022-23 is £30,600.
The Council meets bi-monthly, on Monday evenings. There are a number of other meetings which the Clerk needs to attend. Salary will be in accordance with NJC LC1 scales 18-28 £19650 to £20444 per annum (pro rata) or by agreement commensurate with experience and qualifications for 12 hours per week.
The successful candidate will:
• have excellent administrative and organisational skills
• have experience of working within local government (preferred)
• be a good communicator and able to deal with a wide range of people with diplomacy and tact
• be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• be computer literate with a confident knowledge of MS Office applications and internet
• have accurate administrative and financial skills with attention to detail
• demonstrate appropriate use of initiative
• be available to attend evening meetings
• have the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) or equivalent, or a willingness to work towards it or similar training courses
• have an interest in Little Shelford community life.
Little Shelford is an equal opportunities employer. For a copy of the job description and any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com Closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 2022 with interviews taking place during the following week.
Cambridge Joint Playschemes
We urgently need Playworkers For our Saturday Activity Clubs and Holiday Playschemes.
We are a small South Cambridgeshire based charity that supports children / young people with moderate to severe learning disabilities aged 8-19 years. We provide community based activities on Saturdays and holiday playschemes at Easter, the Summer and some half terms.
Playworkers should be patient, kind and willing to get involved with the young people. This can include ensuring the children eat their lunch, engage with their activities and peers and above all remain safe. Competitive rates of pay and training are available. Would suit Learning Support Assistants, teachers or those who have a passion for working with young people.
[Note all playworkers will be subject to DBS checks].
For further information
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website:
Cambridge Joint Playschemes - Staff & Recruitment (camjointplay.org.uk)
Posted Nov 28 2022